Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A bit of geometry and steampunk...

I'm a little slow with this stuff.  I'm going to put the blame on my career as a mommy and speech therapist.  I only moonlight as a wannabe photographer and polish blogger.  That also explains with this is only my 4th post!  SHAME SHAME SHAME!  Maybe I should change my blog name to Procrastinate and Polish...hmmm...

I should be writing progress notes right now but the truth of the matter is, I can't focus on work outside of work.  So, I'm going to have fun posting pictures of recent manis instead!

First we have a fun little number I did one evening.  The solid grey creme is "Mona" from Julep with a textured pinky in "London" from Zoya's Pixie Dust line.  I used Cheeky plate CH14 stamped with Lacquer Lust's "Pink Tourmaline".  To finish it all up, I added a rectangular stud from Winstonia Store.  This was my first ever attempt at a "skittlette" (courtesy of Marta from Chit Chat Nails).  I kinda' loved it!

Geometric Skittlette much?
Next up is yet another skittlette-esque number that was inspired by Instagrammer @mrslochness and her fabulous stamped manis.  The base color is "Padma" from Julep, a deep violet color with a subtle shimmer.  I stamped with "Tawakkol" from Mentality Polish using Bundlemonster plate BM-415.  The stud is yet another stud from Winstonia Store. This is truly my favorite so far!

Steampunk Spinners

No comments:

Post a Comment